Archive | Community RSS feed for this section

Motivational Read: From the Bricks to the Hall

Originally published  in the Harvard Educational Review. *** By Mellie Torres I am a Latina of Puerto Rican descent from Newark “Brick City,” New Jersey, a city that has been reviled in the press as well as in academic journals as the archetype of poverty, failing public schools, violence, and hopelessness—a place where one’s dreams cannot […]

Continue reading
proudlysponsoredby

LATINAS THINK BIG™ Bringing Together Innovative Latina Leaders

By Victoria Cepeda Calling on all Latina Leaders!  What is LATINAS THINK BIG™? Dynamic live events broadcasted on Google+ and YouTube that showcase Latina thought leadership, innovation, and ambition. After a successful inaugural event in NYC on August 26, the next stop will be in Los Angeles on October 11th, 2013. Google, the event’s official sponsor, […]

Continue reading
HulaOfHawaii03220

Hawaii’s Statehood Anniversary & Its Growing Latino Population.

by Victoria Cepeda As a history enthusiast I have tailored my Facebook news feed and twitter account to update me on anything history related. That is how I found out that today we mark the 54th anniversary of Hawaii becoming the 50th U.S. state. Tickled by curiosity, and always wanting to see how “mi gente […]

Continue reading
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,113 other followers