This morning I came across an article titled ” The 25 Most Beautiful Afro-Latinos in Hollywood!” by latina.com. I was surprised to find out that the five artists I am featuring are half Latino. Whether they identify themselves as Latino or not is a whole separate matter but, nonetheless, we are glad to share our Latino heritage with them.
5. Fabolous is of Dominican and African-American descent. The controversial rapper has been nominated by the American Music Awards, Teen Choice Awards, BET Hip Hop Awards, BET Awards, and The Source Awards. He has five hit albums and one of my personal favorite hit singles “You Be Killin Em“.
4. Maxwell is a R&B, Funk and neo-soul singer and is a two time Grammy award winner. The Haitian-Puerto Rican was raised in Vieques, Puerto Rico and has only 4 albums but over 20 nominations in 15 different categories.
3. Kid Cudi is a rapper, singer-songwriter, guitarist and actor of Mexican, Native-American and African-American descent. Cudi is also a two time Grammy Award winner for his collaboration with Rihanna and Kanye West in the hit single “All of the Lights“.
2. Ralph Lauren Model Tyson Beckford is of Chinese, Jamaican and Afro-Panamanian descent. Beckford was named “Man of the Year” in 1995 by VH1 & one of the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” by People magazine. He appeared in countless music videos, television series and films.
1. My number 1 pick really caught me off guard. One of the most famous DJs/rapper/producer… Swizz Beatz. Beatz is Puerto Rican and African-American. He has collaborated and produced records with Jay-Z, DMX, Lil Wayne, Cassidy, Mary J Blige just to name a few. Beatz also won a Grammy with Jay-Z for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group “On to the Next One” in 2010. He is married to R&B star Alicia Keys.
We support, sponsor, write and showcase current events in the Arts, history, politics as well as community service. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com.